Hello once again! It’s August meaning the countdown begins when all the little ones go back to school and we get back to work… what happiness! However, it’s also a time where work means productivity, and productivity means gains! Today’s topic is Azure… let’s begin:
Azure Rocks! Let me count the ways…
- It gets stuff done! Azure’s integrated tools, pre-built templates, and managed services make it easier to build and manage enterprise, mobile, web, and apps faster, using skills developers and IT professionals already have and technologies they already know.
- Azure is flexible! Supports the broadest selection of operating systems, programming languages, frameworks, tools, databases and devices.
- Have your cake and eat it too! Datacenter or Cloud… that is usually the question. But Azure doesn’t make you decide, you can have both! It easily integrates with your existing IT environment through the largest network of secure private connections, hybrid database and storage solutions, and data residency and encryption features—so your assets stay right where you need them. You can even run Azure in your own datacenter with Azure Stack.
- Your data is protected, even in the cloud! Don’t be afraid of the cloud… your data is protected. Microsoft’s Azure Government is a stand-alone version of Azure designed to meet the rigorous compliance requirements of U.S. public agencies.
- Azure is everywhere! Azure runs on a worldwide network of Microsoft-managed datacenters across 19 regions. This fast-growing global footprint gives you lots of options for running applications and ensuring great customer performance. Azure is also the first multinational cloud provider in mainland China!
- Save money, only pay for what you use! Azure’s pay-as-you-go services can quickly scale up or down to match demand, so you only pay for what you use. Per-minute billing and Microsoft’s commitment to match competitor prices for popular infrastructure services like compute, storage, and bandwidth means you’re always getting unbeatable price for performance.
- It’s redefining business intelligence! Make smarter decisions, improve customer service, and uncover new business possibilities with Azure’s predictive analytics services like Machine Learning, Power BI and Stream Analytics.
Learn Microsoft Azure from Solartech’s expert trainers. These Microsoft Azure training courses cover key technical topics to help developers gain the knowledge they need to be a success. Enroll in our Azure training courses and get the edge to rise above your competitors!
Azure Instructor Led Training Courses
Did you know that Solartech has a lot of free Azure e-books available? Check them out!
As Kevin McCallister would say… “Are you thirsty for more?” Well… if you want even more on Azure, Solartech has it! We have lots of free ebooks for you to expand your Azure knowledge even further.
Free Azure E-books:
Azure Testing & Certification
When you are ready to validate the skills you learned and take the tests to get either your Azure MCP or Azure MCSD… Solartech offers discounted testing vouchers! Ask your learning solutions specialist for more information!
|Validate Your Skills|
|Microsoft Specialist: Azure MCP
Pass any one of these exams:
|MCSD: Application Lifecycle Management
Pass all three:
Cheers from Solartech!
Due to increased needs for cyber security readiness from many of Solartech’s enterprise customers, Solartech announced today that they are teaming up with Mile2 to offer cyber security training. Established in 2008, Mile2 is a leader in cyber security training. Their training curriculum and certifications have become the de facto standard for US, EU, Australian, Asian military services and many fortune 100 companies.
Founded in 1996, Solartech is an award winning training provider that specializes in Microsoft technologies. Solartech is also a Microsoft managed and gold learning partner and the finalist of Microsoft Partner of the Year. Victor Liang, the CEO of Solartech, said, “We are very glad to join forces with Mile2 to bring cyber security training services to our clients.”
Below is a list of Mile2 training and certification courses. Our clients can attend live training either in-person or online, as well as video on-demand, or ebook. To learn more about Mile2 training at Solartech, please go to http://solartech.us/mile2
In 2013, Microsoft will be updating all of their major platforms and with this change you will need to update your skills to keep up with this paradigm shift into the cloud so you are not left behind. Even with its detractors ‘The Cloud’ is here to stay and when it is inevitably implemented into your organization it will affect everything. With all of these new technologies, how do you know which is the right step to take in your career?
The Windows Server 2012 MCSA is becoming the most popular certification because it helps pave the way for 6 more higher level certifications (MCSE: Server Infrastructure, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Communication, SharePoint, and Private Cloud). It is the foundation for all of these certifications and you will only have to take two additional exams to begin the next step in becoming a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert.
Windows Server MCSA is the launching pad for many more certification paths and will be beneficial for your career if you are willing to invest the time to further your knowledge. Windows Server 2012 is not just another server release, it goes into the cloud and takes a leadership position. The shift toward the cloud is higher than anyone could have predicted. Windows Server 2012 focuses in four key areas that you should know:
- Beyond Virtualization – Dynamic, multi-tenant infrastructure that provides maximum flexibility for delivering cloud services
- Power of Many Servers with the Simplicity of One – It is an easy to manage multiple server platform
- Every App, Every Cloud – Flexibility to build and deploy Apps on premise, in the cloud, and in a hybrid environment
- Modern Work Style – Flexible access to data and applications anywhere
The certification path is a simple one, you will have to take three courses and three exams and upon passing all three you will officially be a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate in Windows Server 2012:
What if you already hold a certification for the previous version of Windows Server? Don’t worry you won’t have to go through the entire certification process again. Microsoft Learning has released just one class that you will need to upgrade. 20417: Upgrading your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 along with passing the accompanying exam is all you will need to upgrade your certification to Windows Server 2012.
If you do not pass your test, you don’t have to worry. With the Second Shot offer customers get a free second chance to pass their certification exam. Ask your Learning Solutions Specialist on how to get a ‘Second Shot’ when you register for an exam.
Start your path on becoming an MCSA with Solartech and become a more valuable asset to your organization. Taking all three courses and passing the related exams is your first step in the future of cloud computing:
- 20410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 on 12/3 – 12/7
- 20411: Administering Windows Server 2012 12/17 – 12/21
- 20412: Administering Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services 2/18 – 2/22
If you are looking for Windows Server 2008 training look no further. Even with the impending release of Windows Server 2012, Solartech is still looking to help those who are looking for training on the now old technology. Our two most popular Windows Server courses are 6419: Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 and 6420: Fundamentals of a Windows Sever 2008 Network Infrastructure and Application Platform. At first glance they may seem very similar however; they are for two very different audiences.
The first class, 6419: Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008, is for System Administrators who already have experience in a Windows Server environment. Some of the highlights include: managing Active Directory Domain services; creating users, groups and roles; configuring group policy, and implementing security settings. If these components are too advanced for you then 6420: Fundamentals of a Windows Sever 2008 Network Infrastructure and Application Platform is the way to go.
In this course students will learn the basic fundamentals of networking, security, and server administration with Windows Server 2008. The audience can range from students still in school to help desk technicians. This class is a great way to start your career if you plan on leveraging the great elements of Windows Server.
If you have experience using Windows Server we have 6419: Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 guaranteed to run (GTR) on 10/15 – 10/19.
If you would like to know more about this class or any other Windows Server 2008 training offerings, please contact email@example.com to speak with a Learning Solutions Specialist. I hope to see you there!
Windows 7 currently takes up 35% of the desktop operating system market share trailing only Windows XP, according to NetMarketShare.com. With Windows XP becoming obsolete Windows 7 will soon be the undisputed leader in the operating system market, which is the perfect reason to take one of our Windows 7 training courses. Whether you are a developer, a technician or on the end user side Solartech has the training you need.
With the growing popularity of Windows 7 one of the most important jobs in your company will be the help desk positions. Many organizations are finally adopting Windows 7 and you do not want to be left behind because your staff lacks the proper training. We offer several training courses however, our most popular Windows 7 help desk course is 6293: Troubleshooting and Supporting Windows 7 in the Enterprise. This course will help you prepare for Exam 70-685, the final requirement for the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician professional credit. Course: 6293 is designed for Information Technology professionals who have experience with Windows XP and Windows Vista who work as Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technicians in Tier 2 support environments. Students will be exposed to various troubleshooting tools and techniques that enable them to address the following issues: Startup, group policy, performance, security and applications.
- Describe the processes of establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology, and define the EDST job role and responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot hardware device, device driver, and performance issues.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot operating system and applications issues
Feel free to contact 1 877-SOLARTECH with any questions. Are next scheduled class is 2/8-2/10, we hope to see you soon!
It’s time to learn PowerShell if you haven’t started yet. PowerShell 2.0 is now a built in part of Windows and is no longer being offered as an optional extra, so it is an even more useful tool than before. What most people don’t realize is that even as an amateur, you can get started easily and you will soon be creating stimulating scripts. No other scripting language is so easy for the newcomer, yet offers so much complexity for the experienced script writer. The perfect reasons to take this course!
Course 10325: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell 2.0 provides students with the knowledge and skills to utilize Windows PowerShell for administering and automating administration of Windows based servers. This course is intended for IT Professionals already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration, including Active Directory administration. No prior experience with any version of Windows PowerShell, or any scripting language, is assumed.
• Using Windows PowerShell as an Interactive Command-Line Shell
• Using the Core Cmdlets
• Windows Management Instrumentation
• Writing Windows PowerShell scripts
• Background Jobs and Remote Administration
• Automating Windows Server 2008 R2 Administration
• Writing your own Windows PowerShell scripts
Feel free to contact us with any questions, we enjoy your feedback. Our next scheduled class is on 12/5-12/9, so hurry and book soon.
Microsoft Exchange provides businesses with email, calendar, and contacts on the PC, phone & web, so employees can stay connected and in sync. With the recent launch of Exchange 2010 we are finding a good deal of IT professionals looking for training courses to upgrade their skills and knowledge. Exchange Server 2010 brings added features in the 2010 release for end users and administrators that lower costs, increase productivity, and help manage risk.
Course 10135: Configuring, Managing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 will provide you with the knowledge and skills to configure and manage a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 messaging environment. This course is intended for people aspiring to be enterprise-level messaging administrators. This course will teach you how to configure Exchange Server 2010, as well as provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you optimize your Exchange server deployment.
- Install and deploy Exchange Server 2010
- Configure Mailbox servers and mailbox server components
- Configure the Client Access server role
- Configure the Unified Messaging Server role and Unified Messaging components
- Plan and implement backup and restore for the server roles
- Monitor and maintain the messaging system
- Transition an Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange 2007 organization to Exchange 2010
Feel free to Contact us with any questions. Our next scheduled session is on 8/15 – 8/19. Thanks!