Archive for category Windows Server 2008
In 2013, Microsoft will be updating all of their major platforms and with this change you will need to update your skills to keep up with this paradigm shift into the cloud so you are not left behind. Even with its detractors ‘The Cloud’ is here to stay and when it is inevitably implemented into your organization it will affect everything. With all of these new technologies, how do you know which is the right step to take in your career?
The Windows Server 2012 MCSA is becoming the most popular certification because it helps pave the way for 6 more higher level certifications (MCSE: Server Infrastructure, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Communication, SharePoint, and Private Cloud). It is the foundation for all of these certifications and you will only have to take two additional exams to begin the next step in becoming a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert.
Windows Server MCSA is the launching pad for many more certification paths and will be beneficial for your career if you are willing to invest the time to further your knowledge. Windows Server 2012 is not just another server release, it goes into the cloud and takes a leadership position. The shift toward the cloud is higher than anyone could have predicted. Windows Server 2012 focuses in four key areas that you should know:
- Beyond Virtualization – Dynamic, multi-tenant infrastructure that provides maximum flexibility for delivering cloud services
- Power of Many Servers with the Simplicity of One – It is an easy to manage multiple server platform
- Every App, Every Cloud – Flexibility to build and deploy Apps on premise, in the cloud, and in a hybrid environment
- Modern Work Style – Flexible access to data and applications anywhere
The certification path is a simple one, you will have to take three courses and three exams and upon passing all three you will officially be a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate in Windows Server 2012:
What if you already hold a certification for the previous version of Windows Server? Don’t worry you won’t have to go through the entire certification process again. Microsoft Learning has released just one class that you will need to upgrade. 20417: Upgrading your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 along with passing the accompanying exam is all you will need to upgrade your certification to Windows Server 2012.
If you do not pass your test, you don’t have to worry. With the Second Shot offer customers get a free second chance to pass their certification exam. Ask your Learning Solutions Specialist on how to get a ‘Second Shot’ when you register for an exam.
Start your path on becoming an MCSA with Solartech and become a more valuable asset to your organization. Taking all three courses and passing the related exams is your first step in the future of cloud computing:
- 20410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 on 12/3 – 12/7
- 20411: Administering Windows Server 2012 12/17 – 12/21
- 20412: Administering Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services 2/18 – 2/22