Archive for category Upcoming courses
In 2013, Microsoft will be updating all of their major platforms and with this change you will need to update your skills to keep up with this paradigm shift into the cloud so you are not left behind. Even with its detractors ‘The Cloud’ is here to stay and when it is inevitably implemented into your organization it will affect everything. With all of these new technologies, how do you know which is the right step to take in your career?
The Windows Server 2012 MCSA is becoming the most popular certification because it helps pave the way for 6 more higher level certifications (MCSE: Server Infrastructure, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Communication, SharePoint, and Private Cloud). It is the foundation for all of these certifications and you will only have to take two additional exams to begin the next step in becoming a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert.
Windows Server MCSA is the launching pad for many more certification paths and will be beneficial for your career if you are willing to invest the time to further your knowledge. Windows Server 2012 is not just another server release, it goes into the cloud and takes a leadership position. The shift toward the cloud is higher than anyone could have predicted. Windows Server 2012 focuses in four key areas that you should know:
- Beyond Virtualization – Dynamic, multi-tenant infrastructure that provides maximum flexibility for delivering cloud services
- Power of Many Servers with the Simplicity of One – It is an easy to manage multiple server platform
- Every App, Every Cloud – Flexibility to build and deploy Apps on premise, in the cloud, and in a hybrid environment
- Modern Work Style – Flexible access to data and applications anywhere
The certification path is a simple one, you will have to take three courses and three exams and upon passing all three you will officially be a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate in Windows Server 2012:
What if you already hold a certification for the previous version of Windows Server? Don’t worry you won’t have to go through the entire certification process again. Microsoft Learning has released just one class that you will need to upgrade. 20417: Upgrading your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 along with passing the accompanying exam is all you will need to upgrade your certification to Windows Server 2012.
If you do not pass your test, you don’t have to worry. With the Second Shot offer customers get a free second chance to pass their certification exam. Ask your Learning Solutions Specialist on how to get a ‘Second Shot’ when you register for an exam.
Start your path on becoming an MCSA with Solartech and become a more valuable asset to your organization. Taking all three courses and passing the related exams is your first step in the future of cloud computing:
- 20410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 on 12/3 – 12/7
- 20411: Administering Windows Server 2012 12/17 – 12/21
- 20412: Administering Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services 2/18 – 2/22
Windows 7 currently takes up 35% of the desktop operating system market share trailing only Windows XP, according to NetMarketShare.com. With Windows XP becoming obsolete Windows 7 will soon be the undisputed leader in the operating system market, which is the perfect reason to take one of our Windows 7 training courses. Whether you are a developer, a technician or on the end user side Solartech has the training you need.
With the growing popularity of Windows 7 one of the most important jobs in your company will be the help desk positions. Many organizations are finally adopting Windows 7 and you do not want to be left behind because your staff lacks the proper training. We offer several training courses however, our most popular Windows 7 help desk course is 6293: Troubleshooting and Supporting Windows 7 in the Enterprise. This course will help you prepare for Exam 70-685, the final requirement for the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician professional credit. Course: 6293 is designed for Information Technology professionals who have experience with Windows XP and Windows Vista who work as Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technicians in Tier 2 support environments. Students will be exposed to various troubleshooting tools and techniques that enable them to address the following issues: Startup, group policy, performance, security and applications.
- Describe the processes of establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology, and define the EDST job role and responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot hardware device, device driver, and performance issues.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot operating system and applications issues
Feel free to contact 1 877-SOLARTECH with any questions. Are next scheduled class is 2/8-2/10, we hope to see you soon!
It’s time to learn PowerShell if you haven’t started yet. PowerShell 2.0 is now a built in part of Windows and is no longer being offered as an optional extra, so it is an even more useful tool than before. What most people don’t realize is that even as an amateur, you can get started easily and you will soon be creating stimulating scripts. No other scripting language is so easy for the newcomer, yet offers so much complexity for the experienced script writer. The perfect reasons to take this course!
Course 10325: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell 2.0 provides students with the knowledge and skills to utilize Windows PowerShell for administering and automating administration of Windows based servers. This course is intended for IT Professionals already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration, including Active Directory administration. No prior experience with any version of Windows PowerShell, or any scripting language, is assumed.
• Using Windows PowerShell as an Interactive Command-Line Shell
• Using the Core Cmdlets
• Windows Management Instrumentation
• Writing Windows PowerShell scripts
• Background Jobs and Remote Administration
• Automating Windows Server 2008 R2 Administration
• Writing your own Windows PowerShell scripts
Feel free to contact us with any questions, we enjoy your feedback. Our next scheduled class is on 12/5-12/9, so hurry and book soon.
Microsoft Exchange provides businesses with email, calendar, and contacts on the PC, phone & web, so employees can stay connected and in sync. With the recent launch of Exchange 2010 we are finding a good deal of IT professionals looking for training courses to upgrade their skills and knowledge. Exchange Server 2010 brings added features in the 2010 release for end users and administrators that lower costs, increase productivity, and help manage risk.
Course 10135: Configuring, Managing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 will provide you with the knowledge and skills to configure and manage a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 messaging environment. This course is intended for people aspiring to be enterprise-level messaging administrators. This course will teach you how to configure Exchange Server 2010, as well as provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you optimize your Exchange server deployment.
- Install and deploy Exchange Server 2010
- Configure Mailbox servers and mailbox server components
- Configure the Client Access server role
- Configure the Unified Messaging Server role and Unified Messaging components
- Plan and implement backup and restore for the server roles
- Monitor and maintain the messaging system
- Transition an Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange 2007 organization to Exchange 2010
Feel free to Contact us with any questions. Our next scheduled session is on 8/15 – 8/19. Thanks!
Deploying, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Lync Server 2010
We are back with another great Microsoft Lync Server 2010 training class! As stated in our previous blog post Lync Server 2010 is an enterprise real-time communications server, providing the infrastructure for enterprise instant messaging, presence, file transfer, peer-to-peer and multiparty voice and video calling, ad hoc and structured conferences. aka An amazing addition to your current communication efforts. It is also one of great features of the new Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
Course 10533: Deploying, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Lync Server 2010 is a five-day instructor-led training course teaches IT professionals how to deploy, configure, and administer a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 solution. The course emphasizes Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Voice features from a deployment and configuration perspective. The labs in this course build on each other to create a solution that includes IM and Presence, Conferencing, and Enterprise Voice. This course helps the student prepare for Exam70-664.
- Deploy Lync Server 2010
- Configure and manage external user access using the Edge server role
- Perform back up and restore of Lync Server 2010 critical data
- Integrate Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Unified Messaging (UM)
- Deploy and manage Lync 2010 clients
- Improve bandwidth management using Call Admission Control (CAC)
- Describe how the features and architecture of Microsoft Lync Server 2010 enable real time communication and collaboration
Feel free to Contact us with any questions. Our next scheduled session is on 7/11 – 7/15. Thanks!
Windows Azure Solutions with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Microsoft Cloud Power is upon us and it’s best to get ahead of the curve with Windows Azure. This class is an introduction to cloud computing and specifically Microsoft’s public cloud offering in Windows Azure. Windows Azure has been described by Microsoft as an operating system for “the cloud”. In this class, you explore this new cloud operating system and learn how to write, deploy and monitor .NET applications in Azure.
50466A: Windows Azure Solutions with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 is designed for .NET developers with Web application experience that are exploring developing new applications or porting existing applications to Windows Azure.
- Understand cloud computing in its various forms and how Windows Azure fits in the cloud computing space.
- Learn why organizations want to run applications in the Azure cloud.
- Understand the architecture of Azure.
- Explore the Azure SDK and DevFabric development environment.
- See how to develop applications for Azure and how that varies from “normal” .NET application development.
- Write and deploy a ASP.NET Web application (Web Role) to Azure.
- Explore Azure storage capability.
- Explore SQL Azure capability.
Feel free to Contact us with any questions. Thanks!
Planning and Deploying a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Solution
For those who don’t know, Microsoft Lync Server 2010 is an enterprise real-time communications server, providing the infrastructure for enterprise instant messaging, presence, file transfer, peer-to-peer and multiparty voice and video calling, ad hoc and structured conferences. aka An amazing addition to your current communication efforts. This is also one of great tools of the new Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
Course 10534A: Planning and Deploying a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Solution is the first release for the Lync Server 2010 portfolio. It’s a five-day instructor-led training course that teaches how to plan and design a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 solution to IT professionals.
- Describe the Lync Server 2010 design process
- Design a Lync Server 2010 topology
- Design for conferencing and external scenarios
- Create a network design for Lync Server 2010
- Design for Location Services
- Design for backup and disaster recovery
- Plan a migration to Lync Server 2010
Feel free to Contact us with any questions. Thanks!
Solartech is a Microsoft managed and award winning Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions. Solartech is leadingthe training industry with our innovative LivE online learning solutions for Microsoft technologies. With our eco friendly distance learning practice, we help thousands of our corporate clients go green with us by participating in live training right from their homes or offices. Our goal is to reduce the carbon footprint with green training solutions.